Posts

Monday, June 8, 2009

Running UltraMon on Windows 7

I started using the Windows 7 RC when it came out and few days ago I installed UltraMon which I use to switch primary displays between my monitor and my TV but I got an error when trying to start the program. The error I got was:

UltraMon encountered a fatal error and will exit.
More information:
Version: 3.0.3 OS: 6.1.6801 x64

Source file: .\ButtonRendererVistaComposited.cpp
Line: 43
Return value: 0

Last error: 1814






After searching trough forums I have come across this post which describes a simple registry edit to fix this problem.

You should always back up your registry before editing

First click Start and then click on Run and type "regedit"
Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\3.0.4\Window Buttons]
Now set "Move Window Button" and "Maximize to Desktop Button" to 0 by double clicking on them and chaning it to 0.



That should do the trick and allow you to run UltraMon on Windows 7. I'm using build 7100 myself and it worked for me and I hope it works for you as well.

All credit goes to the guys at Realtime Soft Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment